3.02.2010

dear [disbelief],

Hello.
Welcome to the little world inside of my mind. I can honestly say that I never, ever imagined that I would catch myself "blogging"...but then I was reading my sister-in-law's blog and she talked about taking a step beyond your comfort zone to reach the true and inner you. So now here I am, typing my very first blog, and to be honest...I think it will be good for me. I love to write, especially when I'm writing my thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc. But since being college bound, I haven't had much of a chance for that, and it has gotten to the point where I feel like all of the little translucent bubbles of ideas that used to bounce around have become so cramped and crowded to the point that they've popped and now sticky bubble mix is oozing out of the crevices of my brain. So this blog is basically the little plastic wand that I will use to blow larger bubbles with to give that oozing substance some room.
But here's the catch - I'm not going to tell anyone about my blog. It's just going to be floating out here, in existence, just like a giant, sparkly, translucent bubble would. So if you're reading this now, congratulations. You've stumbled across my little patch of land and I'm happy to share with you. We're basically in a secret club together, just like you always wanted to have back in the day when scraped knees and NSYNC were cool (or at least I always wanted to have one - maybe you didn't but too bad, because now you're a part of the club). Of course, I'm not a very demanding or tyrannous person, so you are free to leave this awesome club whenever you'd like. It's your choice.
Anyway, just brace yourself for a lot of random, irrelevant babble. I'd like to say it will be poetry, but I'm not going to disgrace Shakespeare or Emerson by claiming my work to be as great as theirs. It's just a bunch of little nothings. But I've learned that sometimes a little piece of nothing to one person can mean a huge slice of everything (or at least something) to another. I hope to be able to do that for you...because that's what we do in our secret club: we're here to make the world a better place.
So here's to you. I promise to try and make your day better in one way or another.
xoxo,
mea

No comments:

Post a Comment